Sep 23, 2008

"Houston, We've Had a Problem"

Since Hurricane Ike, folks here in Houston have experienced damage from turbulence, a loss of pressure in the fresh water systems, and a persistent undervoltage condition still affecting one third of the power system. For most of us these minor disruptions were not the end of the world.

Unfortunately my most ardent fan (the one Gussie calls "Little Prick") was overwrought with grief at my temporary absence. You have my sincere apologies. I shan't leave you again, my friend. I really do it all for you.

To Gussie, who never lets me buy the beer, I'm paying next time damnit.

To the blog's readers, I missed you and it's great to be back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are and everyone in east Texas are doing better.

Anonymous said...

I liked "Darko"'s comment on this:

Darko said...

Frank -

Good luck on getting back to normal after Ike. It is a coincidence that I checked in today... I'm down to once every month or two (or three).

Gus -

Good on ya for taking over the comments and bitch-slapping the "little pricks" with their own hankies.

Maybe a blog hiatus of a week or two will shake off the whiners and the "little pricks".

- Darko

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Frank! You can't keep a good man down. Thanks for your continuing efforts at running this blog. Your efforts are greatly appreciated by many people working here in LANL-land.

Anonymous said...

Not having the blog to read every morning was almost as bad as not having coffee! Thanks for all the work you do for us!